Liar

pjholybloke said:
For the last few days, for reasons best known to those responsible, I have been suspected of being you posting under a pseudonym.
For the record, you are not me. But then if I were you then I would claim that.

Wasn't it Oscar Wilde who said "There's only one thing worse than being mistaken for someone else on a DIY forum, and that's not being mistaken for someone else on a DIY forum."?

Sponsored Links

Welcome back Softus, I am sure that I speak for many members when I say that the forum hasn't been the same without you.

If it wasn't your idea in the first place, I am sure that you are nevertheless aware that an ignore button has now been introduced. Reluctantly, I now make you the second person on my list and trust that you will do the same for me.

Woah there a minute! That doesn't make any sense whatsoever! You wait for Softus to return, "read" a completely inoffensive and (under the circumsances) totally innocent post of his and then:

1) suggest the ignore button could have been his idea..

2) EVEN if it wasn't, you are SURE he is aware of it...

3) RELUCTANTLY! I say RELUCTANTLY! make Softus the second person on your ignore list, and trust HE will do the same to YOU!!???

Dammit bolo, you've had me at it all this time and now it's totally obvious.... you're Softus!! You crafty ?£$**@@>?!!

I say that everyone on this forum, including myself, is a liar.

Am I right or wrong?

1. I generally try to tell the truth but there have been times when I have had to tell a white lie. A friend once asked, quite seriously, if his wife had behaved at a xmas party that he couldn't attend. I replied that I hadn't seen much of her at the party. That was one of the biggest lies I have ever told. She went off with his best mate.

2. Some weeks ago, I started a thread by giving a light hearted account of something that really did happen.I never once admitted that on the whole, it was a true story. So in a sense, I lied that it was a lie, even though I didn't say that it was.

pjholybloke said:
For the last few days, for reasons best known to those responsible, I have been suspected of being you posting under a pseudonym.
For the record, you are not me. But then if I were you then I would claim that.

Wasn't it Oscar Wilde who said "There's only one thing worse than being mistaken for someone else on a DIY forum, and that's not being mistaken for someone else on a DIY forum."?

For the record, I agree with your first point - which doesn't really help with other people's elementary issue of confusion, so thanks for the help. ;)

On the second point, Wilde did say something of that nature (DIY Forum excepted), and I did say that I didn't have a problem being mistaken for somebody else. However, I wonder how Oscar Wilde would have felt if someone had have mistaken him for Ken Dodd? :p

Sponsored Links
Reluctantly, I now make you the second person on my list and trust that you will do the same for me.

Just before he took a break from the forum, Softus stated on more than one occasion that he wished that I would go away and that he had no interest whatsoever in any of my posts. I am merely complying with his wishes (as if you didn't know). In this particular instance, the ignore button is the perfect solution.

Reluctantly, I now make you the second person on my list and trust that you will do the same for me.

Just before he took a break from the forum, Softus stated on more than one occasion that he wished that I would go away and that he had no interest whatsoever in any of my posts. I am merely complying with his wishes (as if you didn't know). In this particular instance, the ignore button is the perfect solution.

So, all of a sudden you're changing tack bolo. You no longer seem to be fixated with the idea that I am Softus.... :!:

How could that have happened? You now appear to be throwing out a smoke screen by using the apparent "absence" of Softus as a legitimate cause for not using the ignore button against him that hitherto you suspect was his idea in the first instance. Whilst during that said "period of absence" you were consistently accusing me of being him and as a result of this - I suspect - covering your own username duplicity! Now Softus is "back" you're going to ignore him!

Surely if you had any conviction in your own suspicions, you'd "ignore" me too, go on, you know you want to, I dare you! :LOL:

Make my day punk, make me number three.. :cool:

Oh, just one more question bolo (Colombo squint - dodgy point in scruffy raincoat), red or blue?

I rest my case. (Humorously I hope)

How does that feel? :p

I am merely complying with his wishes (as if you didn't know). .
So, all of a sudden you're changing tack bolo. You no longer seem to be fixated with the idea that I am Softus.... :!:

You may have missed this! Anyway, goodbye.

bolo, funny how quickly you are offended by something as commonplace as unfounded accusations. :LOL: The table has been turned slightly against you (using your own style) and it seems you're off in a huff. :eek:

Nothing, it seemed, could have stopped your musings on my "false" identity over the last few days, yet I dare to turn your own tactics against you, and I'm an instant villain - persona non grata. :evil:

Well, in for a penny....

I didn't miss it (by which you're referring to the bold type) it's quite obvious to any idiot (self included), you refer to Softus as "he" and then involve me ("as if you didn't know") by way of an afterthought - only to justify your recent guesswork that you now know is wrong.

I guess you are now feeling a little aggrieved (by your response), so you may not forgive me for weighing in further.... anyhoo..

Sheep for a lamb....

i when it's a "joke" and you wish to have it understood as a "joke" :LOL: can work.
ii when you begin to think you may have something wrong :oops: breaks a lot of tension in a negative thread.
iii when you can do unto others what you do not expect to be done unto yourself :evil: is at play.
iv I'll miss you ("anyway, goodbye"), but will never "ignore" YOU.
v when you write in the inquisitive "you may have missed this" it should always be followed by a question mark :?: not an exclamation :!: ; as a former teacher - you really ought to know better :LOL: . X

I have no desire to make an enemy of you or anyone else, but I don't understand how you can take offense from exactly the same kind of treatment that I did not. But then we are all individuals.

Au revoir, peut etre? Non, merci.

back to the thread....

i dont tell lies EVER!

joe 90 is a nice guy who dont like to argue and pjholy isnt a boring effer who drones on!

there its proven i do not lie!

big love to all!

:cool:

Sponsored Links
Back