Lidl DIY gear from Monday

Sponsored Links
I think that if you are new to diy and looking to get kitted out with some low cost basics, then you can't really go wrong. I'll be taking a trip to my local Lidl to check out some of the deals.

Rubber nails, non-stick glues .. wireless cabling.... cheap as chips !!
:LOL:

ninebob said:
Any of you experts care to point out any good deals there that we should be rushing out to buy?
SAW...that`s about all....Thankyou Yellow Peril, for making us things so cheap :LOL: ...And Jimmy Liddle for giving us work...Rule Britannia :oops:

Sponsored Links
i have loads of lidles stuff as cheap back up for my main dewalt or bosch

and somtimes the cheap replacements supercede the good stuff ;)

for example i have 3 lidles 1/2 sheet sanders set up with 60 80 120 grit
the bosch long gave up the ghost
will buy another decent sander when the lidls ones pack up but they are still going strong and at £12.50 each how can you complain :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

things like screws nails and drills are a bit suspect but ok for diy round the house

sanding sheets are definatly diy quality as in youll need to use about 5 to get as much sanding done as one cut from a roll but they are still a lot cheaper at a few pence per sheet

i also have a 18v drill for about £25 its only purpose is drilling dowels

the only bad purchase was a £35 18v circular saw thought as the batteries are the same as the two on the drill would be a good idea wwwrrrooonnnggg :rolleyes:

cuts fine in 6mm and even 12mm cains the batteries as you expect my logic 1 saw x borrow 2 batteries from the drill works great except the batteries can only be charged from there own charger :?: :?: :?:
so 3 baterries and 2 chargers kinda defeats the lighter easier to transport secondery gear

as my son is now 14 all the 18v lidles is now part off his ever expanding kit ;)

i also whole heartedly agree with newstreet you can build up a kit and if you like it upgrade

basicly try it when its cheep and buy better quality when you can afford it

pipme said:
kendor said:
camera housings look ok for domestic use.

But Freddy will require it made of Titanium alloy ..... ;)
with rocket launchers and night vision so he can observe julie's bedroom window ;)

What load of SNOB BOLL *CKS ..

I have seen on many blue chip contracts,
guys using cheaper/lidl no brand names an they are saving a fortune , not on fixing but the drill bit cases EVERY WHERE on ALL TRADES

BOSS /DEWALT DRILLS /YEAH
but cheap drill bits are NEEDED.......

Moz, cheap drill bits are a waste of money, they are a false economy.

kendor said:
with rocket launchers and night vision so he can observe julie's bedroom window ;)

Now, now don't get cheeky boys!

It's actually david and julies bedroom window............or is it JulieL's!!? ;) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

FWL_Engineer

I understand but i see on major builds , the "Bosse Drill Bite set "

an its a joke but if they work with sh*te bits ...

when someone gets blinded by a break off ...

then its not cool ..

btw when it was cool up ward it was the unsafe where told an stop , eye scare //

but the labour force accept care an l

I was there ..

FWL_Engineer said:
Moz, cheap drill bits are a waste of money, they are a false economy.

I totally agree.

I bought a 2-million piece drill bit set from an internet retailer that usually does decent stuff: if I'm drilling into any wood tougher than balsa they start to smoke with the friction and lack of cutting ability. But I have another set of (decent) wood bits from 3 years back, they still cut into wood so well that I can't help but grunt in appreciation at the neatness and easiness of making a hole.

I find screws can be another false economy... you buy boxes of 1000, thinking "so what if a few are c**p?", but when you find you have to be careful not to snap the heads off when driving them in (by hand, not drill-driver), you do wonder if it was worth it. Or fully camming the heads when you manage to slip just ONCE with the electric driver.

come on get real

are we talking normal black painted body an firing pins/threads
ALL silver... ok ..... NO dabs of colour on the thread as its not been fired proper ..an thats the mark .(the sheds have seperate Boss/expensive bits all sizes with colour fault dabs on ... check out next time perusing .. )

if any other colour
(The blue/any colour threads are sh*te )

they are them bish bosh items ..

I fear that some sheds like BnQ know the angle are having cheap/nasty bits spray painted all silver WATCH FOR IT AN ASK A Guarantee.....

if not given you can Still return as the law says you are able to use as requested the item , for use whatever

B/Q will offer more bits or refund note on any over item ... Wickes will ermm an arr an sorry no refund til you wait 30 mins an a manager attends an gives you the money out of the til no question with loads of Apologizes..stalling tactics ..

Well, I bought the sander and disc set. Not used it yet and no works planned for it in the near future but as soon as I do I'll let you know if it's up to much...

Sponsored Links
Back