Lidl Parkside 20v batteries

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The thread regarding who makes Parkside tools sparked my interest whether other 20v tools use a battery with the same fitting? Some look similar, eg Worx, but only trying will prove one way or the other. Like Parkside, some are also marked X series.

Any members know anything on this subject?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
batteries are seldom interchangeable except with the same manufacturer in the same range
when a manufacturer like bosch or dewalt update the range they change the battery fixings
so you probably have a less than 5% -10% chance that a generic battery will fit another tool from the same manufacturer but with a different badge
and a less than 1% chance that a lidl battery will fit a non specific tool with a different name from a different manufacturer

I agree with the thrust of what you say, especially in relation to makers such as Bosch and Dewalt. However, in the case of Parkside tools, there are views that they may be made by Einhell who also, it is believed make tools for other outlets and names. A bit like badge engineering on many other commodities. Cars were a good example at one time.

Sponsored Links
still think you will be lucky thats why i rated your chances at 5-10
you may be lucky but who knows
as an aside
i had a lidl battery circ saw and 2 different drills from about 15 years ago with 18v nicad plug in batteries all batteries fitted all tools but the batteries would only charge in there own charger

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back