LIFF LIMEFIGHTER QUESTION

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Wanted to know more about your experiences of Liff Limefighter. I am planning to fit this to my boiler water inlet.

I live in a hard water area and want to reduce the effect of limescale on my boiler. I have been told that the Limefighter has a lifetime warranty and is good for this purpose.

What are your opinions on this? Does it really work? Does anyone know how I can test to see if it is working for real?

thanks for all your help guys,

Rog

Sponsored Links
i've been told that this product would last apx 5-10yrs. can anyone confirm this and also how would I test that it is working.

Rog

Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:31 pm Post Subject:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I went to a boiler and found that a boiler fault had caused the magnetic conditioner to become damaged!

Tony
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Agile aka Tony,

I saw your above comment on a post regarding fitting the limefighter. Can you please explain what the problem was that caused the damage, and what kind of damage was caused.

Do you know if this is likely to reoccur in another situation? Also, would this 'fault' cause any issues to a magnaclean?

Sponsored Links
i've been told that this product would last apx 5-10yrs. can anyone confirm this and also how would I test that it is working.

Rog

You run it for several years alongside a similar installation which doesn't have one, then compare the two.

You may as well fit one on the fuel lines in your car too, supposed to make it do more MPG.

I live in a hard water area
Exactly how hard, or exactly which area?

I have been told that the Limefighter has a lifetime warranty and is good for this purpose.
I don't think so.

What are your opinions on this?
It won't do much to the limescale.

Does it really work?
No.

Does anyone know how I can test to see if it is working for real?
Use one, then submit a sample of water for analysis.

hmm, that good huh :rolleyes:

ok, i suppose i'll just try it and get a magnaclean too and pray that it does something. :)

Hello oilman, keeping well I hope?

As a naughty hijack, may I ask if you would expect a 45Btu wood-fuelled Rayburn to be easily managed in providing reasonable heat for a 200l cylinder and 12 average sized rads in an 18th century house?

Previous reply applies. But in general, there are much better ways of extracting the heat from wood than a Rayburn.

I asked you too late for one customer, but for the next one who asks me, what do you recommend?

london is a pretty generic term but you are probaly in the 280ppm for water hardness, so a scale prevention device is recommended.
I personally use the dosing type oppposed to magnetic. Dis-advantage is they do require replacement cartridges yearly

http://www.sentinel-solutions.net/e...ormation-sheets/general/The-Soft-Approach.pdf

Check the above link from Sentinal, I know they are advertising own product but its quite interesting

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back