Lifting a large widescreen TV?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Whenever I move house, I have a real job moving my behemoth widescreen TV. It's about 80kg, and is manageable with two people, but even then it's very hard to get a grip on it. I really don't want to drop it!

In B&Q I've seen carrying straps, which fasten with velcro and wrap round objects, but their limit is 22kg (so I suppose 2 will carry 44kg).

Does anyone know of a more heavy-duty product which will suit my needs?

Thanks
Scoggy

Sponsored Links
Nothing from a DIY shop will be capable of withstanding that heavy a load.

The only straps I can think of that would handle that would be the ratchet type straps used by Truck drivers and on building sites..obviously not a ratchet version here...

These straps are very expensive though so I do not think these are cost effective..unless you move every few months! :D

When I was young I worked for Pickford removals and the guys could move anything.
What I think you need are Piano Straps. Cant see them in the UK on the net but here in the States. I am sure they could send you some. here

Wrap it in a heavy blanket first and I would also suggest using or making a dolley. Thick piece of wood with some wheels, strap the tele to that.

Rule number one.. you can buy a tele but if you wreck your back.....

here is another site in the USA for pianos. Might give you some ideas.

Sponsored Links
Perhaps you need to think outside the box: "How can I move my TV more easily?" easy, "Make the TV lighter".

If you move that often then surely a plasma screen would be a MUCH better option :D Still not exactly light but they weigh less than your significant other.

I also own a TV that weighs 80kg: what a talking point "my telly weighs more than my girlfriend!"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back