Lifting a porcelain tile without damaging heating element

CK2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have laid porcelain tiles on the recommeneded adhensie on a wetroom shower former. after some months use noticed a crack in a tile on the former area.

How do I lift this tile without damaging surrounding tiles or the heating element underneath so I can relay another (yes I have some matching spares)?

Sponsored Links
Very difficult to repair i would imagine,,, it would be so easy to damage the u/f heating system itself. Most people would walk away from a job like that. Like many modern things people use nowadays, it's nice to have, as long as nothing goes wrong with it,,, that's when the problems start.

assuming you know the thickness off the tiles say 9mm use a bosch 180e 'angle grinder or similar with tape on the blade or a lump off wood for the nose to sit on allowing 8mm maximum depth off cut 'cut away at the grout until clear

if they are still difficult to remove take a 6mm masonery drill tape several turnes at 8mm drill down 3mm then angle at 45mm do this several times to weaken tile and allow a screwdriver to be levered off the same tile or another group off tiles with 12mm ply off at least 12" SQUARE to spread the load

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back