Lifting parquet from a suspended timber floor

nbk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to know if there are any tools or techniques for lifting parquet flooring installed in this manner. I need to lift all the boards (I have long thin parquet boards) to install underfloor heating.

As far as I can tell only the end boards (the ones near the walls) have been nailed down. All the rest are held together with the tongue in groove.

I have tried using a chisel but this seems to damage the parquet (on the edge).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
If the floor has been installed long time ago all the T&G's will be tight locked together and there's definite chance T&G's will all damage when trying to lift.
Have you thought about skirting heating? (less trouble, upheaval etc).

The property already had skirting heating installed when I bought it. And as far as I could tell it did not provide enough heat (both the lounges are quite large in size).

The boards don't seem to be locked together as the joints become visible when i pull them by hand. I was hoping that there would be some kind of tool which would grip the boards from the underside then I could hammer outwards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back