Light Bulb Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

I have a problem that a number of light bulbs on different circuits within my house blew simletaneously. On each circuit, there are other lights which still work but replacement of the blown bulbs still leaves me without any light.

As a point of note, one of the circuits is on a dimmer and the other on a normal switch.

Can anyone suggest a potential solution?

Sponsored Links
It is possible that there is a short in the circuit, the current rush caused by this short probably damaged the dimmer. The best way to check this is to turn off the circuit breaker for this circuit and change the dimmer with a standard light switch. When you turn on the power and the switch, if the circuit has a problem it will trip the circuit breaker. Please note that the problem can be intermittent, therefore I would join stephenf8542 and advice you to call an electrician.

Sponsored Links
if the circuit has a problem it will trip the circuit breaker.

Not necessarily. Only if there is a short circuit. An open circuit will also mean the lights dont work but will not blow the fuse.

I do agree that an electrician is best way to sort it though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back