Light Fittings & Switches not earthed.

Sponsored Links
I meant pictures of t... oh never mind! :D

It is possible that someone who ISN'T in the know could have been using the phrase 're-wire' instead of 'consumer unit replacement'.

People do seem to throw the phrase 're-wire' about if they don't know what they're talking about.

It is possible that someone who ISN'T in the know could have been using the phrase 're-wire' instead of 'consumer unit replacement'.

People do seem to throw the phrase 're-wire' about if they don't know what they're talking about.
Is it possible that the consumer unit only has been renewed and not a re-wire at all

That is what I am referring to.

But I am trying to emphasise the fact many people seem to use the term 're-wire' for virtually any electrical work they have done.

Sponsored Links
When I say any work they have done,
I mean
any work they get someone to do,
not
any work they actually do themselves.

See what I mean?

Funny old language.

I mean
not

See what I mean?

Funny old language.

So you are saying that if they get done some work by someone else, then it's a re-wire regardless of what has been done, but if they do work themselves that they then know what they have done, but not necessarily what has been done for them.

I mean
not

See what I mean?

Funny old language.

So you are saying that if they get done some work by someone else, then it's a re-wire regardless of what has been done, but if they do work themselves that they then know what they have done, but not necessarily what has been done for them.

Don't fully understand the last bit of that.

I am just pointing out that someone can tell someone else that some work has been carried out, and the correct info gets twisted into something that's not at all accurate.

If you look at the op, it's not clear who originally said it had been rewired - was it the electrician, or is it bad terminology from the landlord?

If you look at the op, it's not clear who originally said it had been rewired - was it the electrician, or is it bad terminology from the landlord?
I totally get what you are saying, if we look at the text used it seems to indicate that the OP is of the opinion that electrical work has been done and the landlord has paid for a re-wire and been issued certs.
But I think as you do, that a re-wire it is not, but a unit swap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back