Light fixture and extractor fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My light fixture has stopped working. It's not the bulb as i've changed it and also tested the live feed with the switch on, there seems to be no power coming to the light. I also have an extractor fan on the same switch, so when the light goes on the extractor goes on. However, the extractor is also not going on. So I am assuming the power from the switch is probably looping through the extractor and the extractor might be the faulty item. I've never wired an extractor, do extractors usually have a loop? can I get a replacement?

Sponsored Links
Never assume, investigate and find the fault.
Is it a 240v lamp and fan? If not there is a power supply somewhere that has possibly failed.

Is this a bathroom light/fitting? Photo please?

Often, bathroom fans and lights are protected by a fused connection unit..
AA13SCF.JPG

If you have one of these, make sure its not switched off(!) and that the fuse hasn't blown.

Sponsored Links
Nevermind thanks. I figured out the actual switch was faulty. I tested the common with a tester and it was live but with the switch on the L1 wasn't becoming live. Changed the switch and it's ok now

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back