Light for understairs cupboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have an understairs cupboard which is tall enough to walk in part way and is basically the whole of the understairs. We have a double electric socket and I thought it would be easy to buy a light to plug into one of the sockets and fix light to wall. My children have lights from IKEA like this but they are more of a night light as the bulbs are low wattage and flower and star shaped!

Rather than pay for an electrician to wire from an existing light circuit I thought I would be able to buy a light just like a table lamp but one to fix to wall high up or ceiling but I cannot seem to find anything.

I am reluctant to try battery LED ones etc as I know they will be left on so batteries will drain and the light may not be powerful enough.

Can anyone suggest a light which I cna plug into the wall socket and fix to ceiling?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Ok I am sure that is easy enough, what sort of flex would I need as in 3 core? and what about the size.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
That will do the job as it already includes pre-wired flex - just pop on a 3amp fused plug and of you go!

All done and works great - I used a 3amp plug with some flex and a batten lamp.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back