Light socket -adding more bulbs

jack_s said:
crafty1289 said:
Its just a metal can with the wire sticking out of the top.
What do you mean ??

The heater is a metal can ??

Jack S.
IIRC, yes! Probably not DI and definitely not earthed! :eek: It was very nice to wrap your hands around it when it was getting warm. Nice tingly sensation :LOL: Looks like it was from war time - when they couldnt have fires burning and 3 pin plugs weren't widely used.

Sponsored Links
crafty1289 said:
my grandad also had a heater that plugs into a BC light fitting. The cord is 8 foot long. Its just a metal can with the wire sticking out of the top. I doubt it meets todays regs, its probably not double insulated :eek: anyone seen one of these before?

'Protection by looking so obviously dodgy that no one of sane mind would touch it' :LOL:

Oh, mis-read that, thought you meant the heating wire was acessable through the top :oops:

Adam_151 said:
'Protection by looking so obviously dodgy that no one of sane mind would touch it' :LOL:
i can't find it right now but this reminds me of the hanging light that someone did with bare bars running to 12V halogen bulbs all wired in series direct off the mains.

plugwash said:
i can't find it right now but this reminds me of the hanging light that someone did with bare bars running to 12V halogen bulbs all wired in series direct off the mains.

This it?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back