Light switch please help. I have a wired switch. I need to replace it. Pics attached. Please advise.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here are the 2 pictures. Advice please

Thanks very much.

Attachments

• IMG_4747.jpeg
    IMG_4747.jpeg
    293.6 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_4752.jpeg
    IMG_4752.jpeg
    282.3 KB · Views: 57
Sponsored Links
Just connect them, one at a time, exactly as they are connected to the old switch. Blue from the left switch to the same position on the new switc. Same with the yellow, then blue from the right switch to same on the new switch. Repeat with yellow.
Brown from left switch to same position on new switch. Brown from left switch to same on new switch. Ignore the markings, they are just different manufacturers markings and don't alter any cable positions.
I take it this is a two way circuit?

Just connect them, one at a time, exactly as they are connected to the old switch. Blue from the left switch to the same position on the new switc. Same with the yellow, then blue from the right switch to same on the new switch. Repeat with yellow.
Ok.

Brown from left switch to same position on new switch. Brown from left switch to same on new switch.
Would you like to rewrite that? :)

Red from left switch to same position on new switch and Red from right switch to same position on right switch

Ignore the markings, they are just different manufacturers markings and don't alter any cable positions.
I take it this is a two way circuit?
Yes.

Yes it is. Thanks. For your help.
I agree with your logic. The only bit for me is the new switch has got a top sign. It all seems upside down. !?

Sponsored Links
thanks for your help.
Any offers for a similar problem
I need help with the connections please.
Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_4752.jpeg
    IMG_4752.jpeg
    282.3 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4749.jpeg
    IMG_4749.jpeg
    241.3 KB · Views: 47
Ok.

Would you like to rewrite that? :)

Red from left switch to same position on new switch and Red from right switch to same position on right switch

Yes.
Ooops! I was trying to post it before needing to go out.

Regarding the brown/red, I apologise. As I'm getting older my colour recognition is fading alongside with my eyesight.
Thank you for the corrections.

Red with link to both com.

The other two reds in the two 1's

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back