light switch problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hallo sparkies,

I am working in a flat that has been recently decorated. One of the doors has had it's hinges reversed so it opens from the other side of the door frame. This has left the light switch behind the door which means you have to fiddle about in the dark behind the door to turn the light on. I want to move the light switch but would prefer to avoid having to chase the wall out and start again because of the damage it will do to the decor.

Is there any way round this problem. I'm thinking of something similar to the central heating room thermostats that are on a radio link and can be put anywhere in the house. Ie, is there any kind of light switch equivalent

Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
drill through the back of the existing box and mount a second switch outside? connect using 3 and earth in the same configuration as an upstairs landing light controlled from downstairs hallway?

You can also get infra red activated lightswitches with a little remote control.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back