1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Light switch to replace Energenie MiHome with remote control?

Discussion in 'Electrics UK' started by ericmark, 8 Jun 2021.

1. ericmark

ericmark

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Now a 3rd Energenie Mihome light switch has failed, switches on then auto switches off again, no two way lighting in bedroom and loft floored so not easy to convert, for two years slowly one by one or the Energenie Mihome devices have failed, so seems prudent two swap makes, although can be switched with the phone or Nest Mini we only use a remote control, the internet function is not required.

No neutral which limits options. Already have zegbee hub, but lights in the room are G9 so not really and option to use remote control bulbs. And really want a remote control at side of bed, or Nest Mini controlled.

I see adverts like this one which seem to fit the bill, but no idea on quality, so looking for recommendations on tried and tested switches.

2. Lower

Lower

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I'm in the same position. I have a few Energenie devices and they have never been reliable. They have to be no neutral light switches though.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Sponsored Links
  4. bernardgreen

bernardgreen

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I doubt you will find anything for the domestic / DIY market that has been tried and tested and found to be reliable with a long service life.

Much of the equipment is designed and built to a price that the domestic market will accept.

5. flameport

flameport

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Sponsored Links