light switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have just changed a light switch back box from a wall mounted one to a metal flush fitting one and now every time i switch the power back on it keeps popping the fuse box any ideas?????? please????

Sponsored Links
dead short

you may have trapped a wire between the switch plate fixing screw and the box

wire come out touching box

all the above

open box and look

not that thanks, i have looked and rewired and cut back to fresh cable but still no luck

Sponsored Links
well in that case you have changed something else and not mentioned it, or you have a short

i think its a short but dont know why ? it all started to go wrong when i put filler arond the hole?????? :(

andy ep said:
i think its a short but dont know why ? it all started to go wrong when i put filler arond the hole?????? :(

Was the filler nice and wet when you slapped it in?

When you say a flush fitting, do you mean one with a flat front plate & if so are you trying to put it into a 16 mm back box?

Also, how many wires were in the old switch, what colours, what markings on the old switch, how have you connected them to the new switch? How have you connected the earth?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back