Light Switching Problem

you ve only got three reds yes? one in c with link to other C terminal. then other two reds in L1 terminals

Sponsored Links
you ve only got three reds yes? one in c with link to other C terminal. then other two reds in L1 terminals

Well, altogether there are 4 reds, but 3 seem to relate to the two way part of the switch. I think! I'll double check now and let you know.

what colour is under sleeving? you said you had three red & blacks all blacks together on a block leaving 3 reds?

Sponsored Links
Sorry, I'm a dumbarse and cant count.

There are a total of 5 red wires. There is one 3 core, and four 2 core wires in that switch.

I've updated the diagram for clarity.

There are two wires, both red themselves and sleeved red.

cant see diagram
are there four blacks in the connector block then?

diagram.gif

It's the same, but I've just added to show that the lower COM on SWITCH A also has a red wire going to it (aswell as the COM connector).

I'm going to try your suggestion, and will switch off at the fusebox, so might end up offline for a while. I'll report back asap and let you know what happens!

Thanks again, much appreciated!

edited to add:

Yes, four blacks in the block.

yes well try reds with sleeving in C terminals (one in each) with link wire
one red without sleeving in both L1 and L1 terminals
if this isnt right try the other way with the reds without sleeving in C term with link etc.
nearly cracked it!

Hi fireman,

Have had a mess around with it and its all sorted.

What it is arranged as now, is the perm live is in COM (top) with a link across to the other COM, which has a red that leads to the room with SWITCH D (and LIGHT D). The two L1s are both populated with a red, one for LIGHT A, one for LIGHT B.

Soooo, thanks once again, it's been a successful evening!!! ha ha ha.

no worries, now if you are brave you could try refitting that two gang switch and get the two way working correctly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back