Light wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
In my hall i have 2 roses for 2 pendant lights. Im changing them to spotlights and want to add 1 more. Im pretty confident but just want confirmation im doing it right. Im using wago clips and junction boxes. The pic attached is the second light can someone advise on wiring to a new light.
Thanks

Attachments

• 1461176167380.jpg
    1461176167380.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 111
Sponsored Links
Thanks for the quick reply.i am ok with the instructions you attached my question was how to connect an extra light after doing what you have illustrated?

And the diagram clearly shows you what you connect your new cabling to!
Also check which way the blue and brown flex is connected to the pendent as looks the wrong way round on the ceiling rose

Sponsored Links
Sorry so are you saying i need to only wire the L and N to the next light which is around a meter away? So ill have4 wires joined on negative 2 wires on the loop snd 3 wires to live? Plus the earths

In my hall i have 2 roses for 2 pendant lights.
Are they worked by the same switch?

Im changing them to spotlights and want to add 1 more.
If you have 2 now, why do you need 3 if you change them?

Sorry so are you saying i need to only wire the L and N to the next light which is around a meter away? So ill have4 wires joined on negative 2 wires on the loop snd 3 wires to live? Plus the earths
There are no negatives there - you have line and neutral.

The diagrams in the Wiki show clearly how it all works.

Thanks for the replies. The problems with writing sometimes i don't explain properly. I was trying to say did i need to wire up a new 'supply' but from the diagram i can see i just need to extend from the L and N from the rose in my pic to the new light. Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back