Lighting Circuit - Junction Box Siting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am putting in separate lighting circuits. I'm familiar with the loop-in system and was planning to use that upstairs.

Downstairs I was going to use a jb box system (2-way switching per room & multiple lights per switch) and site the jb behind the 1st light of each set (wall light); is this acceptable ?

I know about the bathroom / kitchen, so will be leaving those connections to the electrician, however, there is anything to stop me routing the cables to the connection points ?

The idea was that the electrician would do the kitchen / bathroom installs & test the remainder of the house when he puts in the new cu.

Sponsored Links
Sheeo- Please see you other thread / post- I have answered your questions there.

Please don't duplicate posts, it wastes time and you end up with double answers :mad:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back