lighting help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Low voltage lights in our bathroom ceiling have been removed. (I did not take out but still have the 5 transformers and fittings, which are shot) I would like to replace the lighting with similar but am unsure about the best way to tackle it.
There are five holes for the lights and each hole is serviced by what looks like 2.5mm t&e (??). ( I have tested the remaining cable and it is all live).
Not able to see into the roof space as I live in a flat.
I guess the person who installed the lights used a JB and supplied each light from that.
Thats all I can see.
How the hell do you know whats happening when its up in the ceiling.
what to do?

Any advice greatfully received
( I am a student on th 2330 and fancy having a go at this myself, but will get a spark in to check)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Yeh, basically wanting to put downlighters back in.
Not sure if new downlighters need a transformer for each lamp, (as it used to be) I beleive you can run off one now. But finding the cable in the roof space looking through a small hole seems like a bit of a challenge

Make sure they are suitable for the zones they are in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back