Lighting ideas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have around and over bed wardrobes. The over bed units are 1600mm wide and the bed is ~1400mm wide so I have some filler strips either side (the bed is not right back against the wall as there is a slim shelf).

I want to put some recessed LEDs in the side filler strips and some "puck" LEDs to sit on the shelf, but want them to be;

fairly dim at max brightness
the recessed to super small diameter and from the wall to the face of the filler strips is about 135mm so short length (~100mm to allow for cable bend)
the pucks to be fairly small diameter (depth of shelf is 135mm)
RGB capable
Voice and app controllable only (no switch and using Google Assistant/Home) - preferred as one group for all of them (thinking 2 in the shelf, and 2 in each filler strip)
everything has to have a frosted glass diffuser as I hate the look of exposed bulb fittings

Is that available? I would settle for the shelf having recessed as well.

Thanks very much

Sponsored Links
I've just come across "fibre optic" lighting. Anyone know about that?

Sponsored Links
As an alternative can you get a really small touchless sensor with a short contact for a light switch. Something that you hover your hand over

I'd rather not mount an 86x86mm standard switch!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back