LIGHTING PROBLEM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

just moved into a new which needs sorting out, had one of them ceiling fans in one of the bedrooms which I removed today, when this was removed, some dirty water came dripping down, went up in my loft to investigate, loft is completely dry, water only dripped for an hour or so, fitting is now dry, I m not going to touch for a few days, cables have been isolated, does anyone have any idea where the water would have came from? there are no marks on the ceiling to suggest a leak and nothing in the loft space to suggest a leak

help!

Sponsored Links
Is there a water tank in the loft? Could someone have worked on/replaced that and the water leaked into the fitting at that time?

Rain getting in somewhere?

yeah water tank in loft, checked it nothing seems to be leaking, could condensation cause this, I have checked the fitting again, no more drips, could this water have been in the fitting for a number of years?

Sponsored Links
Such a small amount would evaporate at some point you would think, but no reason why it couldn't have been there for a while. If the water was continually getting into the fitting then odds are a fault would develope or you would get wet at least!

edit. can't see it being condensation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back