Lighting wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been told that when installing new lighting circuits it is common to now loop the switces rather than the ceiling rose. I have tried to work out the connections at the switch if this is done but am at a loss. Is it actually possible to loop the switches and if so how.

Sponsored Links
Ok understand how the looped sswitches work, diagram in FAQ's still at a loss as to how 2 way switching would work using this system though.

I don't actually un derstand what you want or have existing.

Can you be more speific please?

simply take the 3c+e from the first switch to the second, and wire as you normally would, to L1 L2 and COM. With L and SL in L1 and L2.

Sponsored Links
Jacko67 said:
Ok understand how the looped sswitches work, diagram in FAQ's still at a loss as to how 2 way switching would work using this system though.
You still have a live and a switched live, the fact that they aren't part of the same cable is pretty irrelevent.

If you want to understant lighting I suggest you look at the junction box method first, get a good understanding of how that works and then understand that both loop at switch and loop at light are just the same with the connections from the junction box moved to either the switch box or the light fitting.

THanks all, with a bit of drawing and long thinking I have made sense of it all. Will try it out and see it I can make it work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back