Lights flicker, go off, come back on

J

jonathen

Hi all,

Just recently I have noticed that the light in my kitchen, and the two lights in my bathroom (which is right next to my kitchen) had started to flicker noticeably for a second or two several times a night. I thought nothing of it at first, but then tonight all 3 lights went off (whilst switched on) for about a minute! After that they came on - I turned off the lights, left it a few minutes and turned them on but they would not come on at all. Then just as I was about to give up, they magically came back on.

I have checked the fuses (I have the old domino fuses) and all of them seem to be intact, no breaks in the fusewire or anything.

What could be causing this? If it helps, I'm in the ground floor flat of a 1920's house, so there is a flat above me. No other lights or sockets experience the same problem.

Thanks

Jon

Sponsored Links
Almost definatly a loose connection.

As for where, well thats the tricky bit.

Could be at one of the lights, one of tghe switches, or somewhere else entirely :confused:

Sorry.

thanks for that, it was a dodgy live in the bathroom. I have another issue now, but will start new thread. thanks again!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back