Lights not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can anybody help, one of the gu10 bulbs in my bathroom light fitting stopped working I replaced the bulb but the lights started working erratically,slow to come on or going off, I then replaced all the bulbs but none would come on so I bought another set and the same thing happened again, I have managed to get the lights working only if I have the 2 original builds fitted but I have noticed that the original bulbs are cold but the new bulb gets very hot .
The landing light by the bathroom has started to come on dim when switched on and when I switch on the bedroom light both the landing lights go very dim and sometimes both go off, when I switch on the bathroom light on both the bedroom and landing lights start working as normal and if I switch off the bathroom light they are ok ?
The bathroom light also is connected to an extractor fan.
As anyone come across this ?

Sponsored Links
Show us what sort of bulbs (preferbly the packaging)

Have you got a dimmer switch?

When were the light fitting and switch installed, and when did they last work properly?

What has been changed since?

Sponsored Links
What you have described can also occur if you have replaced switches and buggered up the wiring.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back