Lights Out: Altech (?) programmable box

BGD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I had a power failure earlier due to a dishwasher fusing. Sorted that, but I assume it had a knock on effect on my heating system.

The Altech thermostat box downstairs is fine, the power box underneath is fine too, but the box above (not branded, assume Altech too - before our time) is showing no sign of life. I have tried switching it all off and on a couple of times, but it doesn't kick back into life.

What options do I have before picking up the directory to a local heating engineer?

Any tips would be appreciated, thanks!

2m29n2w.jpg

Sponsored Links
It is a Danfoss FP715si programmer, still available from Screwfix. But check you have a 230v power to the programmer.

Thanks HertsBoiler, so would you say I need to just buy one and replace it? i.e. spend the £70, it's not a 'fuse' issue or similar?

If you have main power already to the programmer then you need buy a new programmer.

But how do you know if there is a 230v power to the programmer? You can’t use your eyes obviously, and you can’t use your hands to touch electrical to see if it is live.

So you need an electrical tester at least.

• Thanks
Reactions: BGD
Sponsored Links
If you have main power already to the programmer then you need buy a new programmer.
But how do you know if there is a 230v power to the programmer? You can’t use your eyes obviously, and you can’t use your hands to touch electrical to see if it is live. So you need an electrical tester at least.

Do you suggest I need to check the power to ensure it's still 'live' or for other / compatibility reasons? P.S. in the meantime I noticed that Amazon seem to have them slightly cheaper: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Danfoss-Randall-FP715SI-Heating-Programmer/dp/B001HB9LAG

Thanks again.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back