Lightweight board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently bought a small cupboard from Ikea. One board was damaged and I noticed it is some kind of lightweight laminate, which I could really use on another project I have in mind. Before purchase I just thought it was made from a melamine furniture board, until I noticed how light it was.

the thing is what is it called and where can I buy it?

Its made up of a frame around the sides of 15mm thick by 35mm wide softwood, not quite sure what the finish is, it looks a little like melamine but more Duller/papery, the inner strengthening and support is made up of square cardboard “tubes” laid side-by-side.

I’m sorry, but I forgot to take a photo before returning it, so hope the description offers enough info for someone to recognise.

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Made in factory so not available to buy and has very limited use outside of its intended use .
Similar to cheap door construction .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back