Like a drink at lunchtime.

nod

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A old chippy I knew told me a story about a job he worked on just after the war.

He was working or a bomb damaged terraced street on a repair and refurb job. The job was ganged up with all different trades there at the same time. So there was al ot of guys there at any onetime so they hired a kid, who was a little simple (trying to be PC), to make tea and run around after them.

Apparently some of the blokes were quite cruel to him, mercyisly take the pi** out of him. The kid would bring his own lunch everyday, everyday he brought a saveloy wrapped in paper. On this one morning one of the blokes nicked the kids saveloy. More then that he had sh** in the paper and rewrapped it to look like his lunch.

When morning tea came around all the blokes are sitting around drinking their tea and laughing at the kid. He was in tears, one of the blokes asked why he was crying, knowing full well why. The boy explained 'somebody has stolen my lunch', somebody asked 'what do you mean'. He answered 'somebody has nicked my saveloy' (accompanied by sniggers), 'I do same thing everyday, I take my saveloy and I put it in the urn to heat up as I make the tea, well I did that this morning but now it has gone'. As all the men spat their tea out. :eek: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
"It's a bit nutty" - Austin Powers

nod, that story made me laugh so hard I fear I may have "saveloyed" my strides!

Hang on, if they had already nicked his sausage how could he have put it in the urn?

An old wives tale, I fear...

Sponsored Links
ninebob said:
Hang on, if they had already nicked his sausage how could he have put it in the urn?

An old wives tale, I fear...

Read it ninebob :rolleyes:

Back