Habitual Drink Drivers

I don't broadcast it if I report someone.

But having said that, those who are up in arms probably know him, like him, think it's not a crime, it's only half a K, etc, and won't entertain the fact that he could easily kill or maim, wrongly believing that the very short distance reduces the risk of accidents to zero.

They may even think that the poor sausage is suffering enough angst as it is, so why would some nasty person do this?

After all, many of us have bad stuff to deal with in life, but that doesn't mean we can go round breaking the law

The most dangerous thing about these people is that they may be drink drivers too.
I reckon I would let them know if I reported them. I know it doesn't compare, but losing a license can be just as devastating as losing a life.

I got it instantly, half t'village is up in arms 'cos now they know the police will be around they have to be just as careful.

Sponsored Links
Why would anyone want to drive just under the limit, despicable thinking.

There should be a zero limit with alcohol.
Not sure I support a zero limit, but definitely a low limit.

But if you need to test to find out if ok to drive then surely you shouldn't drive

Sponsored Links

I bought one to test, in the safety of my own home, how much I would have to drink to get to the limit.

There were two breathalysers in the pack. I drank two pint bottles of strong beer (I can't remember which beer, but I deliberately chose one that was stronger than average) then did a test, and it was well under the limit. Had a third bottle of same, did the second test and it was still well under the limit.

I bought one to test, in the safety of my own home, how much I would have to drink to get to the limit.

There were two breathalysers in the pack. I drank two pint bottles of strong beer (I can't remember which beer, but I deliberately chose one that was stronger than average) then did a test, and it was well under the limit. Had a third bottle of same, did the second test and it was still well under the limit.
Conversely, a lot of drunk drivers can still be over the limit the next morning, even after a wee nap.

A couple of Christmas's ago before covid, I took some funders out for a Christmas meal and a good **** up. I must have had at least 8 drinks - beer, wine and sprits. I came home by train and as I was coming out of the station exit nearest the car park, there were police plus helpers, offering free breathalyser tests. I wasn’t driving anyway but I asked for a test and they gave me one. I passed! I told the copper what I had drunk and asked him why I’d passed. He said ‘I’m guessing you also had a meal?”. When I told him I had, he said "That's what makes all the difference".

The statistics aren't with you. People found to be causing accidents after drinking are rarely just a half over. They're usually a lot over. And what difference would a zero limit make to people who ignore the limit anyway?

The statistics are against you again, showing Britains roads to be among the safest in the world, with deaths and accidents a fraction of decades ago - despite a big increase in traffic volumes.

I regularly have a couple and drive. Not one accident or insurance claim in 39 years driving shows the current limit is both safe and working as intended. Never been breathalysed either, so plod seems happy with my after pub driving.

Zero limits would also be the final nail for pubs.

The statistics aren't with you. People found to be causing accidents after drinking are rarely just a half over. They're usually a lot over. And what difference would a zero limit make to people who ignore the limit anyway?

The statistics are against you again, showing Britains roads to be among the safest in the world, with deaths and accidents a fraction of decades ago - despite a big increase in traffic volumes.

I regularly have a couple and drive. Not one accident or insurance claim in 39 years driving shows the current limit is both safe and working as intended. Never been breathalysed either, so plod seems happy with my after pub driving.

Zero limits would also be the final nail for pubs.

Traffic police experience a phenomenon they call "the island of excellence" where every vehicle in visual range is driving perfectly. Indeed, they pull some over because they clearly haven't seen the big police car nearby . . . . No traffic police officer has ever driven a vehicle off duty & therefore they have absolutely no idea what most folk normally drive like.

Another phenomena is the driver hovering just below / above the drink limit, they've had a few drinks but they're driving 'perfectly' so's not to attract attention.

Another phenomena is the driver hovering just below / above the drink limit, they've had a few drinks but they're driving 'perfectly' so's not to attract attention.

Often think that the ones driving gingerly at night (careful indicatior use, sticking to the speed limit religiously, etc) may be doing this as they've had several drinks. Possibly the ones obviously speeding have nothing to hide.

Sponsored Links
Back