Back on the Drink

M

Moz

Doctors orders ...lol ..What a turn up ....lol...lol

always said my lil Pakistani doctor was a good lad ..lol
cheers Gupta..lol ;)

made an appointment for this afternoon , an when I told him my plans at abstinence he was ...... very upset/shocked , his words

"Oh my ...
oh dear no..no no no no no no no .....that is NO ,
you will do no good for yourself ... ,
very bad idea ...oh NO
you are cutting down from 7 nights drinking too 3... that is Good ,
very Good ..,
if you were not riddled with the drink ....yes
but YOU ...(said accusing ,lol long painful silence here , now I know how how George Best felt ...lol)
you need to do it slowly , youre doing well ..takes time ...
just try to drink 2 nights a week for the next month
then come again , thankyou bye ..bye ! "

an that was it , lol
lol

so Im ok just cutting down ,

btw
thanks for the kind words on the other thread ... ;)

Sponsored Links
Looking forward to the slurrrrrred nightly posts again ;)

Only joking Moz, keep up the good efforts and your doc is right.

buying 15 cans instead of 24/case ...may help ..lol
cheers ...

Moz said:
buying 15 cans instead of 24/case ...may help ..lol
cheers ...

What do you think? cutting down is good, is this absolving you of responsibility, I would think you need better advice than your doctor's.

Sponsored Links
Eddie M
I understand your point of view but it isnt about responsibility,its about health concerns ....
I have drunk all my life since young teens ....the body isnt that forgiving

im not an expert.. but it sounds like your gp isnt either...
you are responsible yourself yes but having admitted that you do drink too much, you should get more help than that the attitude he gave you.

moz.. how much do/did you drink on an average night?

Friend of mine years ago...serious drink problem, used to live above a pub and would take 2 pints to bed so he could put one in fridge for the morning. Tried to quit a few times in his 30's. Booked into a clinic for 'cold turkey' treatment twice. On the second time he was walking in the garden and he dropped down dead from a brain haemorrhage. Don't know what set it off but alcoholism increases the risk. If I was trying to quit after years of abuse I would do it over a few weeks.

The doctor is correct.

Alcoholics are actually dependant on alcohol for survival.

From wikipedia:

In long-time alcoholics, going cold turkey can cause life-threatening delirium tremens and thus is not an appropriate method for breaking an alcohol addiction.

hermes
"he dropped down dead from a brain haemorrhage"

but he did stop drinking mind ... sorry ... :)

hermes
wonder if his wife he left behind sees it as a success ...lol...lol

apparently my docs a quack ... an better me vanishing from here to a quick massive heart attack than coming back ... fallen but alive ..lol

I always said I want to be shot by a jealous husband /father escaping from love sick/pining mum an daughters bedroom window, with family jewellery(just to be naughty ,lol) under arm ,lol , ,lol

hey moz....
i dont know how much you drink or for how long you have....but sounds like "sound" advice from your doc....the body becomes dependent on alcohol after awhile...so the longer the abuse goes on, the more dependent.... your liver becomes saturated and alcohol literally becomes the life line...dont know if you've ever had the experience of witnessing an autopsy before on a long term abuser.....very interesting. it is a "sobering" experience. well...i guess that was too much information...take care ;)

mlb3c
thanks for the very kind words , an letting you down ;)

but I so wanted but Im here this time an not "off me Head " ,so things aint that bad .. lol

Moz said:
mlb3c
thanks for the very kind words , an letting you down ;)

but I so wanted but Im here this time an not "off me Head " ,so things aint that bad .. lol
well you sorta lost me there...but no matter...you havent let me down, actually i don't think you could. in this short time, i've gotten use to you...and sometimes you "lose" me in your words, and I "zone"...but then I bounce back...and all is well. and i was a little disappointed when you made your first announcement....but you're back :)

Sponsored Links
Back