New AA Meeting last Thurs Night(reposted)

Good luck Moz, as you know I've been there but nowhere near as much drinking units as you but could've been heading that way.

Right, now the rest of you that's lying over the top drinking units :LOL:

How many units are you really drinking? See this

My score was then over 51 units :!:

Sponsored Links
Mine was 4 as well (new baby and im getting old so no chance to get out!)

137 my score .. Yikes ...normally when supping

this week from monday ...................0...... ;)

having some cans tonight though but only about 10..

I will tell you what Ive found since not boozing ...

my wife has been very Supportive/encouraging
but ...BUT very close friends since from junior school ,
and them from the pubs/club have been very hostile....!!!! HMMMmmm :( almost as if me not drinking is a personnal attack on them ..lol !!
btw I have lost my game on the snooker , once was ok/good ,now I hopeless sober ... :(

I got the same reaction off my old dad today after taking him shopping this morning,
I told him I was cutting down ...
Ive stopped saying Im giving up as they the listener thinks you have become a *Happy Clappy Anti Drink nutter *
his words were

"WHY ..??.....YOU BIG POOF !!!" (cheers Dad ! ;) )

this time Ive spent today with my Dad has drained me
an I need a drink like nothing before ..lol

but just to spite him when I took him for dinner in his local
I had mineral water ..lol

Strangely enough if I had said to Tasmin the barmaid
" IM A Pedo !"
I would of got a better reception ,

"MINERAL WATER !!! ????? mineral water ,NO we dont stock that love do you want a bottle of coke ..lol"

"have you any Diet coke ! please ,!" said very sincely ....lol

just to pee her off ,lol
an she had to bend over an it give my old man a cheap thrill as her big boobs looked ready to fall out of her tight blouse ,lol

another thing I found helped
was carrying a lil bottle of water (refilled with tap water)about with me an gulping down ...
I must of drank Gallons this week ...

went to the local baths the other day an had a sauna ..lol Brilliant

but came out like I had just done ten rounds with tyson ,
weary an washed out ,
then I could only manage 8 laps of the baths ....
OMG was soo knackered ....I was being lapped by these toddlers at the "mother/Toddler " group that was there ..!!

an another thing... :(
I was sat with a towel around me ,huffing an puffing in the changing rooms ,
in walks all these mums ,its only mixed changing ,
good job I wasnt wandering back from the showers nakiid ,c*ck swinging about ..I would of been in trouble ... :)

to cap it ALL....
I went in a cubicle an came out dressed
an made my way to the door eyes to the floor as young mums were using the hair dryer machine in their bra/knickers (why I didnt have my digi-cam ..lol)

as I left I could hear them laughing as I left ,only bloke there an red beetroot/embarassed an very worn out/weary ..
going back next week ..lol ;)

ps
Kes posts were sober ...ish ..lol

Sponsored Links
Moz said:
but ...BUT very close friends since from junior school ,
and them from the pubs/club have been very hostile....!!!!

They ain't your friends.

notb665
I beg to differ ...

you dont lose your friends over something so petty ... yeah if your caught stuck up his wife ...or family member or pet ...yeah ok

but its just a shock I think /me not drinking ......only excuse I can explain at the moment ... ;)

Moz said:
notb665
I beg to differ ...

you dont lose your friends over something so petty ... yeah if your caught stuck up his wife ...or family member or pet ...yeah ok

but its just a shock I think /me not drinking ......only excuse I can explain at the moment ... ;)

Far be from me to offer advice, so apologies if I overstep the mark. From my admittedly second-hand experience of alcoholism, if you give it up, you will find a whole new set of friends, in fact you may need to. If they were your friends, they would understand that you are sorting yourself out and help you in any way they could, at least offer support. They certainly wouldn't be "very hostile". What sort of friend is ever "very hostile"?

I suppose it depends on what you define as a friend! Or were you being dramatic!?!? :D

Back