Drink Driving.

Sponsored Links
I wish I could remember the tv prog in question, however a few years back a tv prog I watched stated they estimate approx. 1 in 4 drivers on UK roads at any one time has a level of drugs/alcohol in their system. Not all of them over legal limits (alcohol) obviously, however if the stat is accurate I still found it quite surprising.

Where is the evidence???

Do you need a link for everything in life, Mitty? Without a link to some unsubstantiated bull on the web/Wiki, does it mean it's not true?

Sometimes real life experience is more reliable than other people's 'opinions'. I know for a fact that drugs are far more prevalent now than eg. 40 years ago - because I was there then and I am here now. I have direct experience, not just imaginary sources. That's good enough for me. If it's not enough for you - then pass on to something else.

Believe nothing of what you hear; half of what you read; and most of what you see.

Do you need a link for everything in life, Mitty? Without a link to some unsubstantiated bull on the web/Wiki, does it mean it's not true?

Sometimes real life experience is more reliable than other people's 'opinions'. I know for a fact that drugs are far more prevalent now than eg. 40 years ago - because I was there then and I am here now. I have direct experience, not just imaginary sources. That's good enough for me. If it's not enough for you - then pass on to something else.

Believe nothing of what you hear; half of what you read; and most of what you see.
lol, agreed. Sometimes on here you'd be forgiven for thinking this was a formal university forum where posts are graded, therefore citations and references must be provided for every comment made.

Ok we don't want to read stuff that is evidently very questionable (e.g. the earth's flat) but come on, it's a general discussion forum on a diy website ffs ;)

Sponsored Links
lol, agreed. Sometimes on here you'd be forgiven for thinking this was a formal university forum where posts are graded, therefore citations and references must be provided for every comment made.

Ok we don't want to read stuff that is evidently very questionable (e.g. the earth's flat) but come on, it's a general discussion forum on a diy website ffs ;)

Yes, not like I'm on trial or anything. If Walter is determined I'm wrong I'm not really fussed. If he/she wants to ask his/her sources to prove me wrong - again, not really fussed. :)

I only once drank alcohol and drove.

It was a half of shandy.

I got stopped. Asked if I'd had a drink. Explained it was only half a shandy.

Tested absolutely fine. Copper said to me that the day before he had attended a fatal caused by DD and he knew the family.

Said to me please don't drink drive as even a small amount of alcohol impairs your judgement.

Since then, I never touched alcohol in the 24 hours before driving.

I only once drank alcohol and drove.

It was a half of shandy.

I got stopped. Asked if I'd had a drink. Explained it was only half a shandy.

Tested absolutely fine. Copper said to me that the day before he had attended a fatal caused by DD and he knew the family.

Said to me please don't drink drive as even a small amount of alcohol impairs your judgement.

Since then, I never touched alcohol in the 24 hours before driving.

Very commendable!!!

When we first opened the recovery co' we were dedicated to the police contract, we'd got the contract first then built the business around it.

You soon learned to hate drink drivers.

I found this on the net all those years ago, I printed it out & stuck it up in the little room they had to wait in while we sorted out the release paperwork for their cars. It has been much plagiarised over the years, the true author remains anonymous but it is believed to have originated in Australia. I'm told that most police forces have now used it as part of poster campaigns.

I went to a party, Mom
And remembered what you said.
You told me not to drink, Mom,
so I had a sprite instead.

I felt proud of myself,
The way you said I would,
that I didn't drink and drive,
though some friends said I should.
I made a healthy choice,

And your advice to me was right.
The party finally ended,
and the kids drove out of sight.

I got into my car,
Sure to get home in one piece.
I never knew what was coming, Mom,
something I expected least.

Now I'm lying on the pavement,
And I hear the policeman say,
the kid that caused this wreck was drunk,
Mom, his voice seems far away.

My own blood's all around me,
As I try hard not to cry.
I can hear the paramedic say,
this girl is going to die.

I'm sure the guy had no idea,
While he was flying high.
Because he chose to drink and drive,
now I would have to die.

So why do people do it, Mom
Knowing that it ruins lives?
And now the pain is cutting me,
like a hundred stabbing knives.

Tell sister not to be afraid, Mom
Tell brother to be brave.
And when I go to heaven,
put 'Daddy's Girl' on my grave.

Someone should have taught him,
That it's wrong to drink and drive.
Maybe if his parents had,
I'd still be alive.

My breath is getting shorter,
Mom I'm getting really scared
These are my final moments,
and I'm so unprepared.

I wish that you could hold me Mom,
As I lie here and die.
I wish that I could say, 'I love you, Mom!'
So I love you and good-bye.

I printed it out & stuck it up in the little room they had to wait in while we sorted out the release paperwork for their cars.........I'm told that most police forces have now used it as part of poster campaigns.
Not ANOTHER ****ing feather in your cap! You'll take off in stiff breeze if you keep this up. :rolleyes:

Believing is seeing. If you believe in ghosts, you'll probably see them, or some 'evidence' that they exist. :rolleyes:

Urban mythology relies on unsubstantiated gossip.
It's only through requiring some citations and references that such untrue urban mythology is refuted.

Believing is seeing. If you believe in ghosts, you'll probably see them, or some 'evidence' that they exist. :rolleyes:
Believing is seeing. If you believe in racism, you'll probably see it or some 'evidence' that it has occurred even when it hasn't. :rolleyes:

Believing is seeing. If you believe in racism, you'll probably see it or some 'evidence' that it has occurred even when it hasn't. :rolleyes:
You could say exactly the same about anyone who doesn't believe (or denies) racism exists or was present. They will never see (or never accept) it has occurred. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back