Back on the Drink

Nige F said:
Well, if he`s hearing voices they`re not the same as mine ,cuz I asked mine what he was on about and even they didn`t know :eek:
Nige - just look at one of his posts above.

Moz said:
dont be mates to close/soon lol ..
as you will hate me as toffee rants

Self-pity is a common attribute of drunks.

Sponsored Links
ban-all-sheds

"Self-pity is a common attribute of drunks. "

lol lol :) :) :)

mlb3c
you did .. an they were deleted ..lol :)

Alcoholism is a bit like smoking in some respects. There is no real safe limit of alcohol consumption, many alcoholics go on to live to ripe old ages, 'cos their liver is tolerant, some don't and develop chirrosis. Alcohol also affects just about every organ in the body, most seriously it affects the brain long term, causing quite severe phsycological problems. The prognosis for heavy drinkers is in general not very good, but then it is neither certain.

blah blah blah....well, if posts were deleted...it had nothing to do with what i was goin on about....i read through them and nothing was out of place or out of context.

as for the drinkin....i said before, i dont know first hand...but i have a very dear friend of 25 years who is an alcoholic and he admits to it and he's tried AA and rehab and he can't quit and he cuts back...or so he says....but what I cant stand and he knows this....he is a "mean" drunk and he swears and is down right violent at times and he has struck me....once....and that did it right there. I love him as a brother (I never had one) but after that.....I told him then...love you dearly but...you will never lay a hand on me again or you will draw back a nub. I love hangin out with him....but he opens that first can....Im outta there...his favorite thing was...day after....oh sorry...I was drinkin....don't mind me...i'm outta my head when i get that way. Like it's an excuse...that everyone walks on eggshells because he drinks. Bull....I say what's on my mind and I don't have to open a can to find my balls to do it.
there....that said. cheers :)

Sponsored Links
notb665 said:

well, i tend to be lengthy....but it meant that if he tried to hit me again, I would hurt him...or do what was necessary to defend myself. my friend, i'll call him L is a hefty fella about 6ft 4in, approx 215 lbs and while a very nice sensitive person in the sober state, gets very nasty in the drunken state. I don't drink except an occasional glass of wine...and even then it makes me sleepy...so being around excessive drink was new to me. most of my friends do drink, but it isnt required to have fun...thank god. But L and I came to an understanding years ago....sometimes he would call all the time on the phone....seems after the nasty stage comes the pitiful crying stage....i can't help someone who isnt willing to help himself...and even then there are limits...but no one will lay a hand on me...not in that way! Is that clear? .....I mean is does that make more sense to you? :)

Yeah that makes sense. But I ain't not never heard of the phrase "draw back a nub". What's a nub?

I thought it might be just a US term - is it just me?!

notb665 said:
Yeah that makes sense. But I ain't not never heard of the phrase "draw back a nub". What's a nub?

oh sorry....well it can mean a few things but in this case...imagine your hand being cut off from the wrist--the stump (what is left) is also referred to as a nub.....but then most anything that can cut off/or shortened can be referred to as a "nub"....you can use your imagination as to which body parts this can be applied....now do you understand? :( :LOL:

mlb3c said:
notb665 said:

oh sorry....well it can mean a few things but in this case...imagine your hand being cut off from the wrist--the stump (what is left) is also referred to as a nub.....but then most anything that can cut off/or shortened can be referred to as a "nub"....you can use your imagination as to which body parts this can be applied....now do you understand? :( :LOL:

Ah! You mean you will cut his pe.nis off? :LOL: :LOL:

notb665 said:
mlb3c said:
notb665 said:

Ah! You mean you will cut his pe.nis off? :LOL: :LOL:

in a word...yes. if it meant in self defense.....but i don't get mad that easily....but physical fighting.....that's different. I have never had a physical fight per se....i will walk away if given the chance....but i do know how to protect myself if i have to....i was attacked in the parking lot of my work some years ago and beaten up pretty bad....was depressed for months and scared to go anywhere alone...but took some self defense classes ...built up my confidence...and back to life.....you gotta do what you gotta do...and go on :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back