Linea 28 Automatic Air Vent Bottle or Pump Assembly ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks, (skip to the end to get to the question)

I've got a Linea 28 boiler which was showing error code 04 and 0 pressure. When attempting to restore pressure water began leaking from inside the boiler at around 0.5 bar. A plumber was called and he diagnosed the problem as a fault with the "air separator". The offending part would cost £150 plus V.A.T. plus labour at £55 per hour. Now I'm from the north and we don't part with our cash easily so I've done a bit of research and found out the plumber has ordered a complete pump assembly including the "air separator" as the said part is not available separately. Having read through the service manual I've located the pump assembly and found the automatic air vent bottle, part no. 4254.
So my question is do I need the full pump or just the air vent ?
The boiler is now working fine but only at 0.5 bar.

Cheers in advance, Col.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Quite possibvle the person you called is unfamiliar with the Linea range. The auto vent is part of the pump, so cannot be changed as a unit. However, the mechanism is changeable without replacing the pump. Incidently the pump motor is special- check it out next time.

Cheers for all the help, got the part (inc bottle) from a supplier in the north east. Will be fitting next weekedn, if there's any problems I'll post again. :LOL:

Question is, where does the bottle come in in Vokera part number mentioned above. Some one is not reading the posts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back