Lining paper lifting at joints

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, first time poster with a bit project to do. Basically returning a 3 bed.

Last night I put lining paper up in one of the bedrooms ready to paint and I've come to see it tonight and have found the lining paper has lifted along the edges.

Any pointers for fixing this please?

Dave

Attachments

• 20170418_195413.jpg
    20170418_195413.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 1,396
Sponsored Links
Glue it again and roll it again. Once it's stuck, paint it. It will then probably lift with the paint. Let it dry and glue it again then pait it again. Eventually you will get a point where it's both painted and stuck.

If you get really (un)stuck, I helped hold some edges down with drawing pins.

Thanks Owain - I'll give that a try. I think I've realised (after watching quite a view videos) that I should have 'sized' the wall first. I also suspect that I should have mixed the wallpaper paste thicker to make it stick better?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Paper not thoroughly pasted to the edges, allowed to soak and walls not sized,
You will probably find the paper has shrunk leaving a gap, Fine Surface filler should help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back