lining paper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im in the process of putting up some lining paper on some rough walls to be the inital base for paint. however im not the best wallpaperer in the world and there are some small gaps in places. Is there anything i can add to my undercoat that will fill the gaps or anything else that i can do so that the gaps will not be visible when i paint over them?

Sponsored Links
You could use some fine surface filler and skim a bit into the gaps with a filling knife. try to finish it level with the paper to avoid sanding as this will obviously damage the paper - also try not to overwork the filler as it will wet the paper and also damage the surface.
The first wallpapering I did was lining paper - I used the more expensive version from Wickes and it was excellent - It stayed far more in shape when pasted allowing the edges to be butted up quite easily.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back