Lining Up Walls And Floors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm about to start tiling my bathroom using 60x30cm porcelain tiles.

I'd like to lay the tiles landscape on the walls but I have a slight problem....

I want the grout lines to match up so the tiles on the wall line up perfectly with the tiles on the floor but if a 60x30 tile and a 5mm spacer in it I'm going to be trying to line up 60.5 (30 + 5 + 30) with a 60 cm tile.

How do professional tiles get round this problem? Is the solution to shave off 2.5mm from the tile? If so I manage it'll just cause more problems that it's worth.....

Cheers,

Sponsored Links
its not really the best route to go down as it will restrict how you can setout your walls, plus whatever you do the joints wont match on 2 walls.

p.s. You dont have to use a wider spacer on the floor BTW

Sponsored Links
it depends really on the porcelain. if its good quality and consistent size then no its not too small, but the smaller you go the less you have to 'play' with if they are a bit sizey.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back