Link Detached Boundry Wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in one of 5 link detached bungalows. The link is the garages. Between the bungalows behind the garage is an area by the side of the bungalows where most of us have erected lean to type constructions which are free standing but enclosed. My neighbour has erected a lean to but has fixed it to my outer wall, on his side obviously. He has also fixed the pvc door frame directly to my wall. While i understand that this does not break planning regs can he really do this. It effectively turns my bungalow into a terrace on his side and i am worried about selling in the future.

Sponsored Links
You need to check who owns the wall, if it’s yours or if you both have joint ownership; but that’s unlikely I would think. If it’s your wall he can’t fix anything to it or paint it without your permission, even if it is on the boundary; it's actually classed as criminal damage. A browse through the posts on this website should throw up more than enough info for you;
http://www.gardenlaw.co.uk/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=10&sid=9312cabbe0847d42c8e3fcf487cdee5e

Thanks Richard.
The wall is my exterior bedroom wall which is on the fence line boundary. I am not happy about it. most annoying is that they delayed the major work until i was away on holiday in Rhodes. I think this is going to cost me money.

Sponsored Links
No reason why it should cost you much if anything; make sure you do your homework first & talk to him (always best) but if he gets stroppy & won’t listen advise him in writing, recorded delivery. If he still ignores you & it all gets serious, a solicitor is the next step but if it ends up going pear shaped, you should get your costs back eventually. It's your wall & he cant fix anythig to it without your permission, it's his mistake & ignorance is no excuse.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back