Linking channel drainage channel to gully

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have attached a pic of a gully which I want to link to a drainage channel.
Can I break through the gully to allow channel insertion or do I need to change the gully?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20200831_165638309.jpg
    IMG_20200831_165638309.jpg
    369.9 KB · Views: 340
Sponsored Links
Change the gulley if you want to do it properly. Channel drainage outlets are 110mm plastic spigots which allow for easy connection to underground drainage systems. The Osma Bottle gulley has 110mm boss connections on the sides which would allow a channel drain to connect.
E-23216-0 (1).jpg

do i need to replace the entire existing gulley or would the gulley shown in your pic fit on top of existing?

Sponsored Links
The Osma part wont couple onto whats there, so you'd probably need to remove it. Work with care, looks like 'Hepsleve' clay, so should pull apart from the collars used to join the components. Easier than having to cut a pipe.

Alternatively, depending on how you want to connect, you may be able to remove the clay hopper, and join onto the trap underneath with a vertical outlet from the channel drain.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back