links in windows mail

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If i try to open a "link web address" inwindows maili get a message telling me it does not have a programe associated to open it and i should create one in the "set associations control panel"
Any help would be appreciated,Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sorry dont get that,if i recieve an e-mail with a web addrees in it i should just be able to click on that "link" and be directed to that web site,but i can not do this as the above message appears.

Maybe the link was incomplete.
Rather than click the link copy & paste it into your browser
or
post it here

Sponsored Links
Yes copy and paste is an option,but i think it is easier just to click on the link in the message,by the way the incomplete link is flawed as this occurs on all links...There must be a way to rectify this as "create an association in the set associations control panel" must mean something...
Thanks

Mmmmm getting nowhere with this one,i think there may be some misunderstanding of the problem. :(

So you are saying that if I sent you an e-mail with the web address www.diynot.com in the body of text, it will not open if you click on it?

Does the web address show as highlighted in a different colour? Mine show as blue and underlined.

Have you got your mail program set for html or plain text. (I'm not an expert so don't know if this makes a difference) I have mine set for html.

Yes G4U that is correct if you posted me an e-mail as you said i can not open that link,however it is highlited in blue......

Right here we go if i click on a "link" i should be able to go direct to that site .But this warning message appears c/w big red cross and horrible noise.

THIS FILE DOES NOT HAVE A PROGRAM ASSOCIATED WITH IT FOR PERFORMING THIS ACTION.CREATE AN ASSOCIATION IN THE SET ASSOCIATIONS CONTRROL PANEL.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Thankyou for your help i will sort it later and let you know what happens,sorry for not mentioning o.s etc,but hey what an inspired guess. ;)

Spot on Dave.m It worked,it was just a stupid little niggle but annoying non the less,thankyou. :D

it was just a stupid little niggle but annoying non the less,thankyou. :D

Glad it sorted it.
I know what you mean about the niggles, if it is supposed to do something and doesn't then it does annoy me too.

dave

Sponsored Links
Back