lintel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

the wife has got me at work on our kitchen. she has now asked if it would be possable to open up the wall from the kitchen to conservatory. the opening would be 2.4 meters. its an outside wall, the inner 1/2 brick has the weight of the roof only on it (bungalow). its has slate type tiles ( but not slate) on the roof. there are no rooms in the loft. there is a wondow and doorway already there, both with wooden lintels which will be going what ever i do.
if i let her get her way what type and size lintel should i be looking at. here some photos of the wall in question.

all the best Martin

Sponsored Links
Type of lintel will depend on span of opening.. but chances are it will be a steel beam.. bear in mind you will need some form of door to the conservatory which may well end up dictating the size of opening..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back