Lintels above opening

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi fellas

Does this look right to you. Its the external wall to the house, builder had taken a window out and put in a couple of lintels, but it looks to me like he has blocked up and supporting the lintel on the right hand side with breeze blocks, are these too soft, should it be concrete blocks

Ta muchley

Sponsored Links
IMG_2424.JPG

Why would they sell soft blocks if you can't build with them and put lintels and floors and roofs on them?

Sponsored Links
They look like AAC blocks which are OK to use for a bearing, although you would normally lay them doubled up instead of single coursed, and concrete blocks are better for rendering on an external wall.

This builder is now off the job, the amount of fook ups is beyond a joke. I have to check what he has done that might be critical.

I'm a heating engineer so wouldn't know if breeze block are suitable for load bearing or not

Thanks for your help

This builder is now off the job,

Wow, that was quick.

Tbh, that bit of wall does not look too bad. It seems nicely laid and he's made a good effort to keep it presentable. I'm not sure I would have bothered so much knowing it would be plastered. :rolleyes:. But yes, you are right to question the more important things, as those are what matter.

His bricky was descent, unfortunately the guy running the job is either incompetent or just doesn't give a monkeys

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back