Listed Building New Boiler, permission?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently purchased my first home - a flat in a listed building.

I had to replace my boiler and the external flue. I thought as mostly internal and in the same place, planning permission wasn't needed.

I'm now panicking I needed it. The flue was replaced but this was already on the front of the building which I am now reading isn't allowed, despite it being there when I moved in and despite my solicitor telling me planning permission was in place.

Please help! So worried!!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The flue pipe could have been there before the building was listed, if so you do not have to worry just ignore it .( Who is going to notice it ??)
I purchased our property it had PVC double glazing, a year later the property was listed the council tried to make me change the double glazing but it was to late it had been listed with PVC double glazing .
Having a listed building is a " pain in the ****"

Sponsored Links
You can carry out repairs to listed buildings without consent, as long as they are generally like-for-like, ie a new flue in the same location as an existing and of similar appearance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back