Lithe Audio Ceiling Speaker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have moved into a new house that has 2 Lithe Audio Ceiling speakers in the lounge.
At the moment they are powered by a switched fused connection unit off the ring. The switch is in the middle of a wall at eye-level and looks ridiculous.

I'd like to power it from a nearby ceiling rose. I know it has to go via a FCU and that they shouldn't be in the ceiling void as it's inaccessible. Could it be argued that as the speaker can easily be dropped out of the ceiling - it is accessible and an FCU could be secured to a joist?

The existing FCU cannot be moved without butchering the wall as the cable(s) are covered in dot & dab with no capping. The last thing I want is to have a FCU on the ceiling.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
You don't require an FCU as such. This would be to turn the speakers on & off anyway wouldn't it? The likelihood of the speakers causing the circuit to overload is about as likely as a spaceship landing in your back garden and if it's on the lighting circuit it will be fine.

If you're happy to have them permanently powered just use a Maintenance Free junction box.

j803.jpg

Thanks chivers67, I hadn't thought of that. I'm so paranoid these days about doing anything with the electrics and falling foul of the regs.
It's a shame the installation electrician on this property didn't have the same concerns!

I did a google to look at "Lithe Audio Ceiling speaker" to see how powered, my Nest Mini speakers are USB powered, it says wireless, it would seem they are not wireless, they are not battery powered, but no idea what power is required as add says
temp.jpg

Sponsored Links
That may be the 'slave' speaker you are looking at. The main speaker has a built in amplifier and a slave can be fitted with just an audio (speaker wire) connection.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back