Little sprayer or airbrush

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
I occasionally need to paint small machine parts. I have tried using aerosols, but annoyingly they tend to clog, and as I use them infrequently, they often lose pressure between uses. I do not already have a compressor.

I have seen little sprayers with a small glass jar, are they worth buying and can I use a white-spirit thinned paint in them? I am looking for something inexpensive.

Sponsored Links
Badger, one brand with variety of prices.also you can get a spare tyre adapter to use as the air supply, handy if you`ve got a "free air" garage nearby.try www.abac.co.uk

Hi,

I used to do a lot of model making and used an airbrush, stay away from the cheapo ones, the mid - high range badger ones are very good, you dont say the area you need to spray, this will of course have an influence on the type you get. There are decent ones with the jar that you mention, also ones that have a cup on the top which holds a small amount of paint.
I'd strongly reccomend that you stay away from the aerosol air cans, not only is this expensive in the long run, but the pressure isnt constant and they tend to splatter a lot - and of course you go through more air cleaning the airbrush than spraying! You can buy a cheapish compressor, for constant pressure ideally you need a tank - but this can be DIY'd - my tank used to be an old fire extinguisher.

HTH

Well, chaps, I've had a look at the airbrushes and tiny sprayers. however, it looks like i would also have to buy a compressor and tank for £80 or so, and squeeze it into my already-over-full garage. I couldn't find a spare-tire accessory. So I'm now thinking about a cheaper and smaller option, like this

p2973542_l.jpg

Any views on these airless sprayers? I don't want to spray a car or a fence, just small parts that I might previously have done with an aerosol.

Sponsored Links
jackflash said:
that airless is pure rubbish,ok for doing fences.
I'd second that. The only airless sets worth anything are the big industrial ones - and they cost a lot of dosh!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back