Live feed to boiler from primary circulation pump.

Sponsored Links
I'll get the number tomorrow but the manual I have has the boiler model on the front ecotec 418 plus and I thought the images below are showing the terminal block both in the manual and on the actual board?
My mistake - gasguru put me right.

Quick update.
Gasguru you were spot on I have a pump overrun device wired into my wiring centre in the cupboard next to the thermal store (wired exactly as per diagram)
I have also found why my circulation pump has been running constantly from day one, even when the boiler wasn't firing and only shutting off after overrun at end of the timer control cycle. My cylinder thermostat was set at 80c, my boiler has a max factory setting of 75c (apparently this can be increased by an engineer) although I only ever set it at 70c so once the boiler set point was achieved it would stop firing but the pump would continue to run as the cylinder thermostat was looking for 80c. I have increased the boiler setting to75c and lowered the cyclinder thermostat until I heard it click off once the boiler had stopped firing, 5mins later pump stopped so all appears to be working and now set up as should have been years ago.
Thanks to all who helped I think we got there in the end.
20200801_132721.jpg
20200801_132714.jpg

Sponsored Links
To maintain your boiler warranty, it might be wise to reconfigure so the boiler is controlling the overrun- might save you money as well if the boiler overrun has temperature monitoring

Turn your cylinder stat down to 65C you can never use water any hotter than that and set you Boiler to 70C and that will stop your problems

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back