Living-Room Wall Vent question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I took of the square white plate from the living-room wall to find a circular hole going right through to the outside with nothing in-between apart from another white plate at the outside end wall.

I have to say I removed the inside wall plate as I was curious to know why there was plastic wrapping showing from inside, after removing the inside plate this plastic wrapping that had been placed flat, in other words covering the complete hole gap, when I removed the wrapping and if it is windy, there is an enormous gust that blows in.

Does this sound like this has been a cowboy job in the first place and should these vents be completely empty between both plate covers, I don't think so somehow.

There is no gas fire in the property only central heating and boiler, I take it that it still requires this vent? I ask as I do not see these vents in similar properties within the area.

Sponsored Links
There is no gas fire in the property only central heating and boiler, I take it that it still requires this vent? I ask as I do not see these vents in similar properties within the area.
But is there an open fire place in the room with the vent?

Sponsored Links
Not needed then.
Thanks.

What would you recommend as a temp fix to stuff between the two grill plates? And what should be done as a permanent fix? as at present all that is behind the internal grill is a plastic wrapping.

FWIW: you could see my post in the thread: "repair hole from extraction fan pipe" 22 june this year.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back