Load bearing internal wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I've just moved into a 3 story place built in 1976. On the first floor is a toilet with an emersion heater cupboard ( now empty) next to it. A 4ft long block work wall separates the two spaces. This wall sits on floorboards and a joist - running directly under the wall in the same direction- and there is nothing under this in the kitchen below. On the second floor there is a block work wall above the 4ft wall, but it is dogleg shape so only 2ft of it is above it with the remaining 2ft being about 6 inches to the right of it. There is nothing in the loft above these walls.

Is it safe to remove it?

Thanks for reading.

Sponsored Links
Forgot to say that the second floor dogleg wall also sits on floorboards and a joist, i.e, any load from the second floor is separated from the 4ft wall by floorboards and a joist.

It really looks to me like a non-load bearing wall, but I'd really appreciate any advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back