Load Bearing Walls - Plans attached

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am looking at buying the attached property but I would want to knock down some walls and wondered if the walls are load bearing. The problem is on a viewing, it's not as though I can be putting holes in walls or lifting floorboards etc in order to know if the walls are load bearing.

I wondered if the general consensus on here would be that the two walls which separate the kitchen and dining room would just be stud walls and OK to knock through? Also wanting an extension on the back.

Obviously I can't be 100% until have done proper checks but really wouldn't want to buy the house then move in and realise they are load bearing and struggle to open up.

On the attached it's the one on the left hand side.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    109.4 KB · Views: 78
Sponsored Links
The left hand wall in the lounge will be load bearing for sure. If I was designing the foundations for the house I'd make the wall that divides the dining room and lounge structural and run the foundation straight through to support the stair trimmers. But I can't say for sure.

AiY

Sponsored Links
Which way to the floor boards run.

Depending on age of house, internal walls aren't always load bearing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back