Lockshield replacement

Sponsored Links
Looks like a Conex nut but I don't know if they made lockshields. You looking to change it?

Yes, they were turned off for decorating, and now leak in the open or closed position, I don’t want to rip open a grands worth of decorated lounge to access the pipe work properly to I’m looking to replace just the internal threaded insert part of the lock shield

You won't find just the internal parts, perhaps try repacking the valve. The video below is for a stopcock but the same repair applies.

Sponsored Links
If it's a combi boiler, then shut down all the rads at both ends, release the system pressure and you will probably be able to replace the valve with minimal water loss.

I would recommend native 10mm valves or internal 10mm reducers that use an olive not the 'snap' type, be prepared to cut off and replace the old olives and nuts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back